NABILLERA IS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEER TRANSLATORS AND EDITORS!
Please check the description below and send an email to Nabillera.Korea@gmail.com if you’re interested. It is never too late to send an inquiry. Every position is ad hoc and based on the volunteer’s availability:
- Literary translator (# in need: unlimited)
- Humanities major preferred (especially English and/or Korean literature) but not required
- Have a great command of English grammar and style. Note that this means much more than having native proficiency. You MUST be familiar with respectable literary works and know how to construct a sentence and a paragraph in a proper style.
- Have experience translating Korean literature to English (or be able to show your ability to do so)
- A native English speaker with advanced Korean proficiency (able to read modern Korean novels and poems in Korean and comprehend them fully)
- OR a native Korean speaker with bilingual English proficiency (i.e., have lived in English-speaking countries for a considerable period or have equivalent proficiency)
- Editor (unlimited)
- Native English speaker only. Korean proficiency not required but MUST understand Korean culture to a certain extent.
- MUST be an English literature, creative writing, or other humanities major
- MUST have a formal experience of editing. An extensive editing experience for undergraduate magazines and newspapers are acceptable.
- Have an exquisite command of grammar and formatting
If you’re interested in becoming a translator, please send three translation samples. At least two of them must be poetry, and each piece must be written by different writers. If you’re interested in becoming an editor, please include the names of magazines or publications you have edited. In addition, whether you want to translate or edit, please explain why you’re interested in Nabillera, and how long you can contribute. We’re looking for someone who will be involved long-term although we may consider other possibilities. Again, this is an unpaid position. Every single one of us, including the editor-in-chief, is volunteering for this project. We hope to hear from other Korean literature enthusiasts! Thank you.